- 19 Jan 2022
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Generic Event,
Strategically Meeting the Needs of BAME Learners in West Yorkshire
A Research Dissemination Event for Strategic Leaders and Policy Makers working with BAME learners in West Yorkshire
Go Higher West Yorkshire (a partnership of 13 HE providers) recently commissioned a research report into the the educational landscape and opportunities for progression into Higher Education (HE) for young people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds across West Yorkshire.
The research report - ’Understanding and Meeting the Needs of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Learners in West Yorkshire’ - has now been published and presents the experiences of these learners (and their parents/carers) in relation to education generally, and their attitudes towards, and opportunities for progression to HE.
Read the report here : https://www.gohigherwestyorks.ac.uk/impact/bame/
Join Natalie Aldridge and Janet Brown from GHWY for a briefing session on the report, focussing on:
- Insight into BAME learners’ experiences of school /college
- Suggested strategies to help learners from different BAME backgrounds thrive in education and make informed choices about HE/their future
- Insights from learners and their parents about future expectations
- An insight into challenges faced by BAME learners prior to HE entry
- School/college SLT & middle leaders
- HE/WP strategic leaders
- Education policymakers
The briefing will be held online using MS Teams, with questions taken towards the end of the session.